This is a VERY simple recipe can will allow you a little more protein into your snacks, as lets face it snacks usually consist of low nutrient value chocolate or crisps etc. at least with these there are added nuts, cranberries and protein to leave you feeling satiated for longer than a packet of crisps.
This recipe literally took me less than 5 minutes to mix and make, then I just left it in the fridge to set for roughly 30 minutes, ready to take to work either the next day or snack on during the evening.
RECIPE… Shopping List
Protein mixture (150g) – I used Protein Pow protein cooking mix which can be purchased from Tesco Extra at various location around the country (I got mine from Widnes). However, you can also buy the ingredients individually if required (mix includes, Gluten Free Oats, Whey protein, coconut flour, Madagascan Vanilla). I used 5x the amount on the package for 1 bar.
I also added…
- Water 125ml
- Honey 150g
- Peanut Butter (whole Earth or any Organic peanut butter) 150g
- Cashew nuts 25g
- Cranberries 10g
- Dark Chocolate 75g (can also use white or milk chocolate but 85% + is better)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a glass mixing bowl, I also heated the honey up to melt it which allowed me to mix it in easier.
- From the ingredients I added the water last – be careful as you may ‘think’ it isnt enough water but with the honey added in it is plenty.
- Roll into balls or bars whichever you would prefer – I made 9 protein balls all weighing 40g each, which is quite large.
- Melt the chocolate in a glass mixing bowl over a pan of boiling hot water. Be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Roll the balls (or bars) in the mixing bowl making sure to cover thoroughly. Once covered place on foil or cling film and cover.
- Place the balls into the fridge to cool.
- Enjoy!! But remember it is roughly 80 calories so be mindful of how many you’re eating as they can disappear quickly.